Jump to navigation Jump to search
This document assumes you have a valid login to a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Domain.
- Confirm pptp is installed on the system
rpm -Uvh http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/yum/stable/fc6/pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm yum -y --enablerepo=pptp-stable install pptpconfig pptp
- Or if you have the mdr repo installed, just run
yum -y install pptpconfig pptp
- To allow the vpn2ncl script run this command
ln -s /usr/sbin/pptp /usr/bin/pptp
- Next launch pptpconfig as root.
There two ways of starting PPTPConfig. Threw the GUI and from the command prompt.
- Via the Gui
Start -> System -> PPTP Client
- Via the command prompt as root run
The Opening screen should look something like this.
- First Enter the valid data into the correct boxes as seen below.
- Name: This is just the random name of the connection (Anything works)
- Server: As said above this is the IP Address or Domain Name of the Windows VPN Server (windows.mattrude.com doesn't exist).
- Domain: This is the Windows Active Directory Domain not the URL of the vpn server.
- Username: This is the Windows Username.
- Password This is the Windows Password.
*/5 8-18 * * 1-5 /home/matt/bin/vpn2ncl keepup > /dev/null &2>1 0 19 * * 1-5 /home/matt/bin/vpn2ncl stop > /dev/null &2>1