Plex, the free Plex Media Server simplifies your life by organizing all of your personal media, making it beautiful and streaming it to all of your devices.
Plex on FreeNAS
This section will guide you through installing a Plex Media Server on a FreeNAS 9.3.x server. This setup will most likely continue to work after the 9.3 branch, but you will need to change a few download links.
Installing Plex on FreeNAS
- Start by navigating to your FreeNAS WebUI in your browser.
- Next, click on the Jails button on the top bar, and then click on the Configuration tab.
- From there, select a Jail Root that is suitable to where you want your jails to be stored. Then fill in the network settings to match your environment.
- Now, click on the Jails tab and then click on the Add Jails button.
- From there, a window will popup with options to configure your jail.
- Select the following:
Jail Name: plex Type: pluginjail or standard (your choice) IPv4 Address: 192.168.x.x (Anything that isn't taken and isn't in your DHCP scope) Autostart: Checked (default) VIMAGE: Checked (default) vanilla: Checked (default)