PVR-150 with IR-Blaster
This is for the *NEW* PVR-150 with the built in IR-Blaster.
Most of this page was taken from Mark’s Braindump website.
- If you have installed lirc via yum or rpm remove the old copy
rpm -qa | grep lirc | xargs rpm -e
- Now Download and untar the new version.
cd /tmp/svn rm -rf lirc* wget http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmilk/lirc-0.8.1-CVS-pvr150.tar.bz2 tar xfj lirc-0.8.1-CVS-pvr150.tar.bz2 cd lirc-0.8.1-CVS-pvr150 ./configure CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash --with-driver=hauppauge_pvr150 make sudo make install
- After you have installed the lirc software you need to download the IR Blaster firmware from here, and move it to /lib/firmware
wget http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmilk/haup-ir-blaster.bin sudo mv haup-ir-blaster.bin /lib/firmware/
- Next you will wont to download the lirc.conf file for use with the IR-Blaster.
wget http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmilk/lircd.conf sudo cp lircd.conf /etc/lircd.conf
- To Start the lirc demon run.
sudo cp contrib/lirc.redhat /etc/rc.d/init.d/lirc sudo chmod 755 /etc/rc.d/init.d/lirc sudo /sbin/service lirc start
- To Check to see if everything is working try running...
Run as root
modprobe lirc_dev debug=1 && modprobe lirc_pvr150 debug=1 grep lirc /var/log/messages |tail -50
- My Output from /var/log/messages.
Feb 23 11:14:16 desktop kernel: lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61 Feb 23 11:14:26 desktop kernel: lirc_pvr150: chip found with RX and TX Feb 23 11:14:26 desktop kernel: lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0 Feb 23 11:14:27 desktop kernel: lirc_pvr150: firmware of size 248009 loaded Feb 23 11:14:27 desktop kernel: lirc_pvr150: 637 codesets loaded
- If you get a similar entry in your messages file then you should be good to go.
- Next lets test to confirm that lirc can receive remote key strokes
- You should now see your remote key strokes on the screen. If you do, you can move on, if not, you can start crying.