Gajim User Guide
Gajim is a free software, instant messaging client for the Jabber (XMPP) protocol which uses the GTK+ toolkit. It runs on GNU/Linux, BSD and Windows. The name Gajim is a recursive acronym for Gajim (is) a jabber instant messenger.
The goal of Gajim is to provide a full featured and easy to use Jabber client. Gajim works nicely with GNOME, but does not require it to run. It is released under the GNU General Public License.
Downloading and Installing Gajim[edit | edit source]
Downloading and installing gajim is just like any other program.
- Go to the Gajim Download page
- Choose the operating system you are currently running.
- Click on the new link below the list of operating systems.
- Choose the installer version, not the portable version.
- Once downloaded, open the installer and complete the install.